16 Sep - 16 Sep 2011
PHRN Consumer and Community Engagement Training Day
This one-day workshop provides participants with a range of
skills and knowledge that aims to improve their ability and
confidence to work with consumers and community members.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the value of involving consumers and community members
in the development and operation of CHeReL/PHRN NSW ACT
- Identify the level of consumer and community participation
appropriate for CHeReL/SURE
- Identify opportunities to involve consumer and community
members in the PHRN
- Identify and consider ways to address barriers to consumer and
- Develop a plan for consumer and community engagement based on
good practice theories presented in the workshop.
Anne McKenzie, Consultant facilitator
Anne has worked as the Consumer Advocate implementing consumer
and community engagement strategies at the Telethon Institute for
Child Health Research and The UWA School of Population Health since
2004. She has a long history of health consumer advocacy and is the
current Chairperson of the Health Consumers' Council WA and serves
on several state and national health related committees, including
the PHRN as a consumer representative.
Event details and registration
Date/Time: 8:30AM - 4:30PM, 16 Sep 2011
Register by: 08 Sep 2011
Abstracts due: 14 Sep 2011
The Mercure Sydney
80 George Street
Click the map to view more detail and get directions.
Application for data
DOCX (0.07 MB)